NEW DELHI, May 27, 2014 - Royal Caribbean International announced today that Quantum of the Seas, the most anticipated cruise ship to date, will come to Singapore in June 2015 to offer two special sailings that will bring the new Quantum class experience to vacationers in the region. The 167,800 gross registered ton Quantum of the Seas which is 18 decks high and carries 4,180 guests at double occupancy, will be the largest and most exciting cruise ship ever in Asia. Quantum of the Seas, which will debut this November, will be arriving in Singapore on June 11, 2015 for an overnight, as part of the Quantum Global Odyssey from New York to Shanghai. She will be sailing a 3-night cruise to Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang) on June 12, followed by a 9-night one-way cruise to Shanghai (Baoshan), visiting Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Hong Kong (overnight) and Xiamen. Preceding her Singapore arrival is the 14-night cruise from Dubai in late May, with calls at Muscat, Cochin (overnight) and Penang. These cruises will open for sale on May 20, 2014, for Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society loyalty members and on May 22 for the general public.
"Keeping alive the legacy of innovation and introducing 'industry firsts' through its luxury line of cruise ships, Royal Caribbean International has added yet another feather in its cap with the spectacular and world class Quantum of the Seas. From experiencing smart design concepts in accommodations, breath-taking views of the sea and destinations on board, distinctive and unmatched culinary delights and entertainment on a scale never seen before, the cruise liner promises surprises, thrills and indulgences that are cherishable for a lifetime for the entire family," said Ratna Chadha, Chief Executive, Tirun Travel Marketing.
Unprecedented "Firsts At Sea" in Asia
A new set of first-at-sea onboard experiences will be coming to Asia onboard the groundbreaking Quantum of the Seas, such as:
- RipCord by iFly, the first skydiving experience at sea which allows everyone from first-time flyers to seasoned skydivers to enjoy the sheer thrill of skydiving in a safe, controlled and simulated environment.
- North Star, an engineering marvel, transports guests on a spectacular journey more than 300 feet above the ocean and over the sides of the ship to deliver awe-inspiring 360-degree views with a jewel-shaped, glass capsule.
New Transformational Signature Venues
With Quantum class, Royal Caribbean marries new innovations with significant architectural design elements to introduce spectacular spaces in the new signature venues, notably:
- A revolutionary concept, Two700 is a multi-level great room, aptly named for its magnificent 270-degree panoramic sea views through vast, floor-to-ceiling glass walls spanning almost three decks. Two700 seamlessly fuses entertainment and technology to create a transformative journey from day to night. During the day, it provides a modern and comfortable living room space for guests to sit back and relax. At night, the dazzling space presents guests with spectacular and unexpected entertainment. Unparalleled technology means every show is multidimensional and immerses the audience through a combination of live performers, including aerialists as well as breathtaking video and digital scenery.
- The largest indoor active space at sea, SeaPlex is a distinctive and flexible sporting and entertainment venue with thrilling new features that will inspire guests of all ages to connect with their playful sides. Guests can experience a circus school with flying trapeze, or play basketball on a full-size regulation basketball court, and at night, the first-ever bumper car and roller skating offerings.
The Next Era of Dining
Quantum of the Seas also will make a quantum leap forward in its culinary offerings providing the most flexible dining options and more specialty restaurants than ever before.Guests will enjoy the new "Dynamic Dining," a completely new culinary experience that offers a landscape of 18 restaurant concepts, including five complimentary restaurants each with its own distinctive cuisine which guests can choose from. There are also specialty restaurants created with award-winning partner-chefs including the first-at-sea outpost of Jamie"s Italian, the hugely popular restaurant from Jamie Oliver.
The Next Generation of Stateroom Accommodations
Royal Caribbean debuts the most spacious and luxurious accommodations ever, introducing rooms that on average are nine percent larger than those of its world's largest Oasis class ships. Boasting Royal Caribbean's new smart design concept, each stateroom features contemporary designs with easy-to-use customizable layouts and intuitive larger storage solutions.
- Now every room on Quantum of the Seas has a view, with the exciting introduction of Virtual Balcony staterooms. This design concept brings virtual balconies to interior staterooms offering expansive real-time views of the ocean and destinations.
- For multi-generational families, Family-Connected staterooms deliver more flexibility, using three different stateroom categories which connect to form a special layout that provides separate bedrooms and bathrooms for all.
- With the Quantum class, Royal Caribbean introduces the largest variety of stateroom categories, including new Studio staterooms, some with balconies for single travelers, three Junior Suite categories and larger Loft Suites.
Signature Features Return
The H2O Zone kids' aqua park, rock climbing wall, FlowRider surf simulator, Adventure Ocean children's programme, Royal Babies and Tots Nursery and DreamWorks Entertainment will all be found on Quantum class.
The Quantum Global Odyssey, a 57-night epic journey, will start on May 2, 2015 from the New York-metropolitan area to Shanghai (Baoshan) where Quantum of the Seas will homeport year-round. This journey will traverse the Atlantic Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Arabian Gulf and Indian Ocean. Alternatively, vacationers can choose among six sailings comprising three- to 16-night itineraries, departing from Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne, New Jersey, Barcelona, Dubai, Singapore and Shanghai (Baoshan).